|VSP-IMV™ is an advanced vertical seismic profiling (VSP) analysis software package for downhole seismic testing (DST) (e.g., seismic cone penetration testing (SCPT)) investigations. VSP-IMV™ incorporates a geographic information system (GIS) with the ability to overlay results from DST investigations from anywhere in the world. These DST sites are linked with a highly configurable and easily accessed elastic constants databases where two dimensional (2D) and three dimensional (3D) graphical displaying of the elastic constant numerical values is readily implemented.
VSP-IMV™ provides a 2D and 3D in-situ VP and VS wave velocity DST tomographic algorithm. The imaging algorithm outlined implements an already established iterative forward modeling (IFM) technique where in-situ velocity estimates are obtained for an assumed transversely isotropic stratigraphic profile. By obtaining and merging several IFM vertical seismic profiles generated from successively greater source offsets two and three dimensional tomographic images are obtained. VSP-IMV™ stores the results from the database merging algorithm and provides attractive 2D and 3D graphical viewing utilities. VSP-IMV™ also provides extensive chart editing, plotting, and exporting functionality. VSP-IMV™ includes the following features:
DOWNLOAD VSP-IMV™ User's Manual
- Extensive GIS capabilities with the option of ordering customized maps from BCE.
- Sophisticated DST database management.
- IFM algorithm provided for estimating in-situ VP or VS values from acquired seismic time series data.
- Ability to estimate elastic constant parameters when only in-situ VP or VS values are derived.
- Ability to merge several IFM profiles so that 2D and 3D tomographic images are obtained.
- Advanced and highly configurable 2D and 3D graphical viewing.